Working with our partners in Italy and the UK, the new CAE Biogas Upgrade Technology was launched at the 2018 UK AD and World Biogas Expo in Birmingham.
Already on multiple sites in Italy and the UK, this technology differs from existing technologies and has the following advantages:
- Low-pressure system
- Low relative temperature range
- Industry leading low parasitic load (<0.05kWh/NMC)
- 100 to 1000 NMC range available
- CO2 Recovery Module Optional
- Nitrogen recovery module optional - for landfill gas
- Very low methane loss
The key benefit of low parasitic load makes this system ideal for gas to grid projects as no engine is required, thus significantly reducing the initial capital outlay.
However, this technology should also be of interest to the small-scale AD and retro-fit gas to grid projects.